It was a joy to get her email today!
Hola familia!!! Como estan?
I am doing really well! I am writing this while my laundry is drying, so hopefully no one steals my clothes. My camera isn't connecting this week...lame. Also, these keyboards are tough to type on - so excuse any typos. After I walked into the MTC I received my name tag! Then I went to my class. My teacher is the best ever! His name is Hermano Thompson. He is super funny and sarcastic while speaking Spanish. He is from Hawaii and grew up speaking a pigeon dialect. Any time he tries to speak proper English he has an English accent. It's muy bien! My dear companera is Hermana Booth. She is blond, short, 23-years-old, and awesome. We have a hard time focusing together because we laugh all the time. My district is freaking awesome as well. We only have tres elders and seis hermanas!!! We are the only district in our zone. In my district are Hermana Tuila (from Samoa going to Mendoza Argentina), Hermana Valentine (from Crane, OR going to Mendoza Argentina), Hermana Baird (From Rexburg, ID going to Vahai Blanca, Argentina) - Little note about Hermana Baird: We are the same person, for real. I can never focus when Hermana Baird is in the room. We laugh so hard at meal times - I think I'm starting to develop a six pack.
We also have Hermana Norton (from Arizona going to Cordoba, Argentina) Me and Hermana Booth (from Arizona going to Spokane Washington), Elder Camp (From Washington going to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania), Elder Mellor (From Utah going to Seattle, Washington), and Elder Rogers (From Utah going to Mendoza Argentina.) I'm the only one in the whole MTC that I know of who is going to Comodoro Rivadavia. My companera and I have begun teaching an investigator named Paz. She is from Chile. It is a miracle that she understands our spanish - I have a suspicion that the Lord may be involved ;)
Today is our last lesson with Paz. Then we teach a new investigator. This week we did a service project. Hermana Booth and I cleaned out drinking fountains. We had to wear safety glasses because we were using a dangerous acid. I will never use drinking fountains again! Just kidding, I'm always thirsty these days.
One of my favorite times of the day is gym time! We usually play volleyball with the elders. One time the volleyball was headed straight towards me. It was too low for me to hit and I thought that we had lost it. Then the ball bounced off my shoe and Sister Norton slammed it over the net. All the elders think I'm an athlete now.
Hermana Booth accidentally ate a pudding cup with soy in it. She is allergic to gluten, soy, and a few other foods. She developed hives on the inside of her body and it became extremely painful for her to move or be touched. I had to take her to the front desk, where they called the doctor. We rode in the MTC van back to our apartment. It was very scary, but the wonderful elders in our district gave her a healing blessing. All the Hermanas took turns staying with her at night. I love how our district serves one another! Hermana Booth is doing much better now.
Sundays at the MTC fill your spiritual cup. I loved choir and the talk by Elder Bednar titled "Character of Christ." Sometimes I feel overwhelmed at my responsibility to be a representative of Jesus Christ. However, there is always a way to accomplish what the Lord wants us to do. The atonement is the only way for me to be a missionary. It is the only way any of us can do anything. We are nothing without Christ, but to him we are everything. That is what I want you to remember this Christmas. How miraculous it is that Jesus Christ chose to come down and pay for YOUR sins. Jesus Christ is the greatest gift anyone has ever received. I love you all and hope that you turn outwards this Christmas in serving others and pondering about Christ. If you do, it will be your best Christmas ever!
Much Love,
Hermana Davis
No comments:
Post a Comment