Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Startin to Speak Espanol

This week has flown by! Time in the MTC is different than time in the regular world. One day feels like a week, and a week feels like a day. On Monday my companera y yo taught a new TRC investigator named Rosi Delgado. She wasn't very responsive during our first lesson, which was tough. We teach her again tomorrow and I might invite her to be baptized. Nothing brings the spirit like a baptismal interview! I'll let you know how that one goes. 


On Christmas Eve (Noche Buena) my sweet teacher, Hmo. Thompson, gave us each an illustrated children's libro de Mormon en Espanol. Then we watched The Nativity Story. I'd never seen that particular film before and it really touched my heart. 

It snowed on Christmas day! I have a suspicion that all of the missionaries from Arizona and Samoa were praying really hard for snow. God really does answer prayers! Elder Nelson and his angelic wife spoke to us in our Christmas Devotional. I sang in the choir with the rest of my Hermanas. Elder Nelson talked about the doctrine of Christ. How it is one doctrine, but has many different facets. Sister Nelson told us how we can have Christmas every day of our missions. In the afternoon I was able to call my family. I am so grateful for the support of my family! I feel blessed that they are the people I get to spend eternity with. 

After phone calls everyone in my district had red eyes and wet cheeks. The mood was considerably lightened once we were back in the classroom. Elder Camp had just finished praying over his sack dinner when his ginger ale rolled off the desk and exploded. Every inch of the classroom was soaked. Luckily my companion took most of the blow for me :) I teased Elder Camp that he must have blessed his meal that it would nourish and strengthen him. Heavenly Father must have decided that his meal would be a little more nourishing without soda. We have too much fun as a district :) That night we watched the movie "Ephraim's Rescue." It is so much better watching movies with two thousand other missionaries. Everyone covers their eyes during the kissing scenes. It's muy divertido! 

On Friday we were surpirised to learn that our investigator, Paz, was actually Hma. Ferrel - our new Maestra! She is beyond wonderful! I am convinced that I have the best district and best teachers in the whole MTC. 

Sunday was amazing! I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about recognizing el Epiritu Santo. The whole thing was in Espanol! El don de lenguas is real! For our evening devotional we had two very special guests: Richard Elliot (The Mormon Tabernacle choir organist) y David Archuleta!!!!!!!! We arrived very early so our district could get good seats. We were only a few rows away from the pulpit. Richard Elliot is an incredibly talented musician. I loved his renditions of hyms, especially "Go tell it on the mountain." David Archuleta's talent is mind-blowing (and for some sisters, heart-melting). He sang lots of songs including Glorious, Come come ye saints (a personal favorite), a french christmas hymn, and If the Savior stood beside me (another personal favorite.) I felt the spirit so strongly as his voice filled the whole room. It was an experience I will never forget. 

I love the MTC! It is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but I feel angels cheering me on and walking by my side. There is nothing I would rather be doing right now than be a missionary. This is happiness and I am lucky enough to share it with others. I love you all and am eternally grateful for your support.

Yo se que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y nosotros somos sus hijos. Yo se que el Evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero. Yo amo el Libro de Mormon! Amo Jesucristo y Su expiacion. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Con amor,
Hermana davis


Ashley made personalized sugar cookie name tags for Aubrey's district!  They loved them!

Aubrey and her companion Hermana Booth from AZ.

All of Aubrey's Hermanas!  Sister Baird in her right is her laughing companion!

Elder Rogers, Elder Camp and Elder Mellor in her district










No comments:

Post a Comment