Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy Nuevo Year!

Aubrey and her companion Hermana Booth

Aubrey's MTC District - she LOVES them!!



I can't believe I'm almost halfway done with my MTC stay! This week got off to a great start with my district cleaning the Provo temple! It was such a neat experience to sit in the quiet Celestial room and look at the giant Chandelier. The temple is the happiest place on earth. (Sorry Disneyland...)

On Tuesday we taught Hely Meza from Guatemala in TRC. It is a miracle that she can understand my Spanish. I always pray that the spirit speaks louder than I do in lessons. During the lesson with Hely I felt God's strong love for her and her family. With tears in my eyes I testified to her that God loves her and her paralyzed daughter. It was a very special experience. 

We also received a new shipment of advanced Spanish elders. They are the cutest little things! None of them can carry a tune to save their lives. It is very difficult to keep a straight face when we hear them belting out hymns in the next classroom over. The branch president wants them to do a musical number in church next week. I'll keep you updated. 

My New Years Eve was the best! We taught Daniel, an investigator played by Hmo. Thompson, and then I went to bed at 10:30. My resolution this year is to give my heart to Christ. He has given me EVERYTHING. It is the very least I can do to devote 18 months completely to being a servant of my savior. I can't express how much I love Jesus Christ. I challenge everyone to spend this year learning more about Christ. Read his teachings, study his life and his attributes. In doing so your love will grow and you will want to follow his commandments. It's fool proof!

On New Year's day we taught Hely again! We changed out lesson according to what the spirit directed and ended up talking about the plan of Salvation. Best part is...She said the closing prayer! I wish everyone could feel what I felt when Hely prayed. She pleaded with her Father in Heaven to take away her sins. She prayed with sincere desire and I know the Lord was listening to every word. It made me think, "Do I treat prayer as a sacred conversation with God?" It is so amazing that we can communicate with our creator! 

Friday and Saturday we taught lots of mini-lessons. We practiced Spanish 6+ hours each day. I should be fluent any day now :) However, I'm not at the MTC to learn Spanish. I'm here to learn the language of the spirit. A heart touched by the spirit is a heart that can be changed.

Sunday was the best day of the week!! We had a mission conference. The MTC presidency should be changing very soon. (Hopefully that wasn't confidential...) We also went on a temple walk as a district. The mountains here in Provo are gorgeous. I can't wait to fall in love with the Patagonian mountains! We had a wonderful testimony meeting in both Spanish and English. As each person, me included, bore their testimony I felt the spirit burn in my heart. I know this is the only true church. I have a very strong testimony of our Savior and of the power of the atonement. The gospel of Jesus Christ brings a joy that nothing else can. What is the gospel of Christ? Read 2 Nephi 31 and 3 Nephi 11. They are some of my favorite chapters in the whole Libro de Mormon.
After sacrament meeting we had a wonderful presentation by the director of missionary media. He is the guy that worked on the #Heisthegift campaign. The work is hastening through social media! There will be a new mormon.org site coming out some time soon. I invite all of you to "like" the mormon.org facebook page and to share a gospel message as your status. You never know who you will touch. 

I love being a missionary! I love my Savior and I know he loves you. Keep pressing forward with faith and you will be blessed.

Con amor,
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment