| Hermana Baird from Rexburg Idaho and Aubrey. |
I am past the half-way point in the MTC!!!
Time is flying by in the MTC! On Monday, we had a doctor's appointment for Hermana Booth. On Tuesday, we visited a gerontologist for a CT scan. We think it is ulcers. Hermana Booth is sticking to a bland "BRAT" diet and it seems to be helping her stomach pain. Keep her in your prayers!
On Tuesday, Elder Mellor surprised the Hermanas with widow's mite necklaces. The necklace is to remind us to give everything we have.
We have such amazing elders in our district! The advanced Spanish elders are so much fun! Elder Contrerras (from Guatemala) always laughs when he hears my Spanish. I told him that I would speak better than him when I returned from my mission. That made him laugh even harder. :)
Thursday was awesome! We taught Hely in TRC and invited her to be baptized...and she said YES! Now we just need to teach her the commandments :)
Here is the funny story of the week: We were learning the difference between Me encanta and Me gusta. If you say, "Me gusta (insert name here)" it is like saying that you have a crush on them. Elder Rogers used "Me gusta Stephanie" as an example. Then he realized that Hna. Norton's first name is Stephanie. We were all dying of laughter! Elder Rogers was mortified. We still tease him relentlessly!
Also on Thursday President Rogers asked me to be the Sister Training Leader for the zone! I am really excited because I love all of our Hermanas!
Friday and Saturday were rough for our district. Elder Mellor sprained his ankle, Elder Camp had was condemned to isolation because he had influenza A, Sister Booth stayed in bed with stomach pain, and Hno. Thompson was sick. Despite the health difficulties, we still kept a good attitude and looked for opportunities to serve one another.
Sunday was much better. We took lots of pictures on our temple walk. The Spanish elders performed their special musical number "God be with you 'til we meet again." It was out of tune and Elder Cruz belted the whole thing. It was really sweet and we could still feel the spirit. We also re-watched the "Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar. He mentions how Christ always turns outwards in love, compassion, and service when the natural man would turn inwards. He also talks about making sure we are converted. He said, "The Church is true, but are you true to the church?" Also, He touched on how the atonement infinitely increases our capacity to do good.
This week I challenge everyone to find an opportunity to turn outwards in love and service when you would rather turn inwards. I promise that as you strive to know of Christ you will become truly converted.
I love this Church and I love Jesus Christ. I am so blessed to have 18 months to be his servant. This is hard, but there is nothing that brings me more joy than feeling the spirit testify that Jesus is my savior. I love being a missionary!
Con amor,
Hermana Baird and Aubrey at the Provo Temple

No comments:
Post a Comment