| Aubrey pointing to her mission in Comodoro Rivadavia Argentina |
| Aubrey and her sweet Hermana Baird |
| Aubrey and Hermana Tulia from Samoa |
How fast time flies! This will be my final week at the MTC. I have LOVED my experience here! It helps that I have a freaking awesome district and super amazing teachers!
On Monday I had the opportunity to call my family for 3 minutes to get some information for my visa. It was so nice to hear their happy voices. I miss them, but I know they are in God's hands.
On Tuesday Hna.Booth and I taught Hely and her husband José how to keep the Sabbath day holy. I love teaching the commandments! They are what help us stay on the straight and narrow as come closer to Christ. We also welcomed a new international Hermana from Australia. She is going to the Dominican Republic. The work is hastening all over the world! Then we had the best devotional ever! Elder Nelson and his angelic wife spoke to us. I really enjoyed Sister Nelson´s talk. She spoke about how desperation + Christ = Solutions. When I am desperate to meet goals on my mission I will do everything it takes. My Dad often says, "There is always a solution for every problem." This week I challenge everyone to find a solution to a problem you have been having in your life. Currently I´m searching for a solution on how to fit everything in my suitcase :)
On Wednesday we watched a powerful talk by Elder Holland titled "Miracle of a mission." It changed my perspective about my mission and filled my heart with el Espíritu Santo. I am not here for myself. I am here to give every ounce of my strength and ability to serving the Lord. I will not waste one minute of his time. I will leave my mission with no regrets! After the talk we had a unique opportunity. We had a skype lesson with someone from Argentina named Victor. The connection was bad because he is currently in Spain. We ended up using the chat feature to teach. Technology is so cool sometimes! (I'm such a nerd.)
On Thursday I saw Hermana Engbersen!! (She's a friend from Bountiful) She is happy and glowing - even more than usual. She will be an outstanding missionary in Argentina. I also went off campus to get fingerprints for my mission. I rode in the front seat of a police car. Hopefully that was a one-time experience. We also taught sweet Hely about the Word of Wisdom. She is showing such faith in keeping her commitments. I really do love that little Guatemalan lady :) We also made an appointment to meet with Mercedes, an investigator we met on campus. On the same day we gave Daniel a baptismal invitation and he accepted! He has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. It is a joy to teach him.
On Friday we received our travel plans. This whole Argentina thing is becoming quite real. I have huge butterflies of excitement and nervousness. For some reason they put me as the flight leader. I have little Spanish experience, I've never been out of the country, and I am in charge of two fluent Hermanas. It should be exciting. I will catch a plane from SLC to Houston, then fly straight through the night to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Then I'll take a SUPER long bus ride to Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina. This is going to be better than The Secret Life of Walter Mitty :)
On Saturday everyone in our district shared a spiritual experience in Spanish without using notes. I can testify that el don de lenguas (gift of tongues) is real!
Sunday was uplifting as always. We watched an amazing talk by Elder Bednar titled "Becoming a missionary." I have come to relish hearing from General Authorities. They know what they are talking about and it would be wise for us to heed their council.
There are sometimes when my heart is so full of gratitude that I made the choice to come on a mission. There are not words to describe how much I love my mission! My heart is happy. I am filled with so much love for my savior. I marvel at the perfectness of Heavenly Father's plan for us. I know without a doubt that God lives. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of the living God. The gospel changes lives. It is changing my life every day. Stay strong in the faith and don't forget what you know to be true.
I love you all so much!
Con Amor,
Hermana Davis
P.S. Next time you hear from me I will be in ARGENTINA!!!!!!!! (I'm a little excited...)
No comments:
Post a Comment