Thursday, January 29, 2015

Last day of class...I cried!

This post is a little late....it's Aubrey's email from Saturday, January 24th.  She flew out for Argentina on Monday, January 26th.  We were able to talk to her at the airport.  She is very happy and LOVES her mission!  We can't wait to hear from her and her adventures!

Aubrey and her teacher Hermana Ferrell
District 11A - Aubrey's new BFF's!

Aubrey, her companion Hermana Booth,
 and her MTC "investigator" Hely from Guatemala


We had the most amazing day today! Hermana Ferrell and Hermano Thompson taught us for the last time. First, we had class with Hermana Ferrell. She had each companionship teach her a 10 minute lesson. Hermana Booth y yo shared some scriptures. We ended up talking in english (whoops!) about how wonderful missions are. There are not words to express how I feel about my mission. It is the best thing I have ever done! I feel eternally grateful for my sweet teachers and my outstanding district! Then we read the story of when Alma and the sons of Mosiah left for their missions. They served in extremely hostile areas, but were able to perform miracles. Hermana Ferrell's scripture insights are so enlightening. I want to be just like her when I grow up :) We took pictures with Hermana Ferrell and cried a lot. She is so amazing! My teachers are the answers to my fervent pre-mission prayers.

Our class with Hermano Thompson was very spiritual. He showed us pictures from his mission and told us stories. Then he gave us all Spanish hymnbooks. They each have a special message written in the front and "comfort" scriptures written in the back. We went through each comfort scripture as a class. For each one he told a story of how it affected his life. He has had a really hard life. We all cried as he testified to us from experience that we are never too broken to be healed by Christ. I will forever remember his powerful testimony. Then we took pictures (right after bawling our eyes out!) and bid farewell to Hermano Thompson. I have never felt as close to a group as I do to my district. They are my best friends. We have heard each other's testimonies and seen each other's ugliest selfies. I will never forget district 11A in the MTC!

My mission is already starting to change my heart. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the atonement and love of Christ. The gospel is true! We are the only ones who can separate ourselves from the love of Christ. Please let his love fill your heart. Turn to him in earnest prayer and let him change your life. Christ can multiply our meager efforts far beyond anything we could imagine. This life is good and on the other side we have something even better. Share this glad message with someone this week.
On Monday I set off to the place that will change my life forever. My mission will be hard, but the Lord will be my companion.

Yo sé que la iglesia es verdadera! Sé que el libro de Mormón es la palabra de Dios. José Smith es un profeta de Dios. 
En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amén.

Les amo!
Hermana Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment