Monday, June 13, 2016

"Don't cry for me Argentina" LAST EMAIL



Hermana Davis

Hermana Davis and Littlefield in Ushuaia

Hermana Davis, Littlefield and Jose in his store

Hermana Davis

Beautiful Ushuaia 

Ushuaia 

Ushuaia 


Hermana Davis with her mission president and wife - the Rogers

Hermana Davis, The Rogers, Gilda and Hermana Littlefield

Hermanas and their feets!






Rio Grande Zone on P-day

Well, this is it. The end has come in the end of the world. Not much happened since I wrote last week (On Wednesday). We went on a hike today to the Laguna Esmeralda. It was super icy and I fell a few times, but it was so much fun! We got together with the zone from Rìo Grande, so I was able to see Hermana Càrdenas :) We are going to have an asado in a few minutes. 
This week I am going to work harder than ever to have a baptism on my last day. Josè (from the kiosco) is progressing and has a fecha (baptismal date)  for Friday. Please pray for him! 

Here are the plans: on Saturday at 5am I leave Ushuaia to go to Comodoro. On Monday I have my final interview with President and then on Tuesday I leave for Buenos Aires. I arrive Wednesday morning in Salt Lake. 

It`s hard for me to put into words everything that I`ve felt and learned in the mission. I can`t count the ways that I`ve grown spiritually and as a person. I can`t describe the feeling of having a prayer answered or being able to testify of the Savior. 
All I can say is that I feel very grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary. I feel grateful for the many people that I've met and how they've each touched my life in a special way. I`m grateful for my Savior and the opportunity to start the week with a clean slate. I`m grateful for the tender mercies of our Heavenly Father. I`m grateful for the rainy days, wind, dogs, cold, and the many "no"s. I`m grateful for the faithful members who show me that a life devoted to Christ is the only way to be completely happy. I`m grateful for my family and the ways that they have grown during these 18 months. I`m grateful for all of the people who mention the missionaries in their prayers. 
The list goes on and on and on...

I want to share my simple testimony that I know God lives. I know because I feel it in my heart and I see His hand in my life. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it has power to change hearts. I know that the atonement exists. It cleans, comforts, and strengthens us. I am grateful for baptism and the sacrament. I know that God wants families to be together forever. I know that there is life after death. I know that this is the only true church and that the fullness of the gospel is here on the earth. I know that Pres. Monson talks with God and I am grateful for his guidance and counsel 

I can`t thank you all enough for your support and prayers during my mission. I love you all very much and I`m grateful that you are a part of my life.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Davis 

No comments:

Post a Comment