![]() |
| Hermanas Woodbury, Davis and Littlefield |
![]() |
| Leadership Conference |
![]() |
| HOTEL ROOM! In Buenos Aires |
![]() |
| Buenos Aires at night |
This last week was full of adventures! Bueno, firstly we found a bunch of new investigators! It turns out that one of them was a inactive member that rejected a baptism fecha (we felt better about it when we realized that she had already been baptized :) #awkward #inviteeveryone)
We also had conference with Pres. It was my last conference and Pres`s last conference too! We showed off our baptism capes, learned how to baptize everyone, and felt the spirit. I shared my last testimony (such a surreal experience) and we said a kneeling prayer as a zone.
Later in the week President had a going-away fireside. Gilda came with us and took a picture with President. Now Gilda is attending seminary! :)
The craziest part of the week happened on Monday. We had consejo on Tuesday at 9am. We were supposed to catch a planeon Monday at 2pm to arrive in Comodoro at 5pm. Turns out that the flights were canceled. The people in the office pulled a few strings and got us a flight...to BUENOS AIRES! That is really far from our mission boundaries! So, at 8:30pm Monday night I borded a plane in the end of the world and flew to the capital of Argentina. When we stepped off the plane it was a different world. It was warm, humid, with palm trees and huge buildings! The city is ginormous! My comp and I were preparing to sleep in the airport to catch our early morning flight to comodoro, but just then a taxi driver who works for the church picked us up and took us to a hotel. They gave us food and put us in a nice hotel room. It was like a dream. I couldn`t (and still can`t) believe that we were in Buenos Aires for a night. #missionadventures We made it to consejo and had an awesome spiritual experience. There is such faith as a mission. Our goal this month is to have 100 baptisms and I know that we can do it.
As for right now, I am in Good ol` Rìo Gallegos. We missed our bus this morning because we had to do paperwork to cross the border of Chile. We are going to stay with Hna Woodbury and Hna Fontenla and then catch the bus in the morning to my beloved Ushuaia.
I say this every email, but I love the mission. When I was sharing my last testimony in zone conference I realized a few things. There have been moments in my mission where I felt like I was drowning in my weaknesses. In those moments, when I felt a weak as ever, I was able to feel the love that God has for me.
There are countless things that I have learned from my mission. I have been thinking a lot about 3 specific points.
First, That the church of Jesus Christ is the only true church on the earth. It is the only church that has the authority (the priesthood) to give us access to the atonement and to help us make promises (covenants) with God. These promises are essential for our Salvation. Without them we can not return to the prescence of our Heavenly Father.
Second, the atonement is for everyone. Through the atonement we are forgiven, strengthened, and healed. Repentence is a gift to be used everyday. God doesn`t want us sitting around suffering in our sins. He wants us to be free from addictions, guilt, and pain. The atonment is first applied through baptism and then through the sacrament every week. Through the atonement we can know that God paid for our sins, that he paid for the sins of everyone else (this helps us to forgive others), that we are never alone, and that we will all be resurrected after this life. It is the universal medicine to heal the afflicted soul.
Third, if we have faith we can do all things! It says this so many times in the scriptures. God always always fulfills His promises. Let us not put limits on His power or in the ways He is able to bless us. If we trust in God and put in our part there isn`t anything that we can`t do. I have seen this in my mission. When I change my thoughts from "We can`t, it`s too hard, there are too many obstacles" to "let`s do everything possible and then put the rest in the hands of the Lord, I know all things are possible through him," I have seen incredible miracles. Get rid of fear, because fear and faith can`t exist together. Faith always proceeds miracles.
I`ll write more next week. :) I love you all a bunch!
Hermana Davis




No comments:
Post a Comment