Hermana Davis in her apartment in Caleta Olivia! Love the smile...and freckles
I don´t have much time, so here´s the top highlights of my
semana;
1. P-day we went fishing at the beach. I caught a shark! Just kidding..I did make friends with a stray dog though.
2. We met Tina. She is an older lady that is a golden investigator. Her children have mostly been baptized and are less active. Oh, and Tina doesn´t drink or smoke! I think we found the only person in Argentina who doesn´t Smoke :) She accepted a baptismal date for the 21st of Marzo.
3. We had a zone reunion with Elder Viñas. He talked to us about increasing the quality of our baptisms. Often as missionaries we get baptism-happy. We need to make sure people understand the covenants before they make them. Covenants aren´t something that you can discard when you get bored or when life doesn´t go the way you want it to. They are eternal promises with God.
4. At the end of the week we made pantuflas (slippers) with the relief society.
My challenge for this week is something that I have been thinking a lot about: Obedience. I challenge everyone to step it up this week. Do the basics: Read, pray, go to church all 3 hours. Part 2 of this challenge is to stop doing something that is making you unhappy. I will be doing the challenge along with you all. There are plenty of opportunities in the mission to be more obedient!
Sorry for the short email. This keyboard is crazy and I´m on a tight time budget. I really do love my mission. I have come to know a little bit more of Jesus Christ. We should all be happy. We are the children of a eternally generous and all-powerful God. Whenever you feel down just remind yourself who you belong to.
Love you all tons (Heavenly Father and Jesus Love you even more!)
Hermana Davis
Answers to some of mom's questions:
- I have a small washing machine in our kitchen. It takes 2 hours for one load. We hang everything to dry.
- I make my own breakfast. I make avena (cereal) y fruta. We eat lunch with the members. Cena (dinner) is usually fruit or crackers.
- I didn´t have much time with my mission pres. He is straightforward and has a lot of energy. I have interviews with him on the 20th.
- Caleta is usually hot, smelly, and dirty, but its by the ocean. There are dogs every where and everyone smokes. Oh, and there is a lot of wind. I love it though. The people and the food make up for everything else.
- During personal Study time I read PMG (Preach My Gospel) and study the scriptures
- We live alone in our apartment. It is small and smells moldy, but the bed is comfortable. I have a nice desk space. I sleep on the top bunk.
- My district is mostly Elders. We have one other set of Hermanas. They are both from the US and are wonderful. The Elders are crazy, but good. Our zone leader is in our district (Elder Smedly).
- In my bag I carry my scriptures, dictionary, verb book, handbook, and planner. I don't usually carry my camera just in case we get mugged. (mom note - oh joy!!)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment