![]() |
| Aubrey's first companion Hermana Quispe from Peru. Isn't she darling? |
![]() |
| Aubrey's first area - Caleta Olivia. Looks hot and dry! Love her smile!! |
Hola! This week has been tough, crazy, and awesome. I must be on a mission :)
Tuesday: I landed in humid Buenos Aires. It is beautiful! Everyone here is beautiful! We caught a plan to Comodoro Rivadavia. I met President and Sister Rogers in Comodoro´s small airport. They took us to the highest point of the city. We took pictures. Then we ate empanadas at the mission home. Food here is tan rico!!! We stayed at the Carter´s house overnight.
Wednesday: (P.S. This computer is marking all my english words as being incorrect. It´s quite funny.) We ate croissants filled with dulce de leche for breakfast. Yum! Then we had orientation all day. I met my new compañera. Her name s Hna.Quispe and she is from Peru. She only knows a few words in english, but is very kind. Then I received my assignment to go to Caleta Olivia! We took a bus to our area and arrived at 11pm.
Thursday: We contacted in the morning. Contacting is scary because I don´t know what people are saying. It´s a whole different spanish down here. Also, people always stare at me when we walk down the street. There aren´t any 5´9 redheads in Argentina. My companion thinks it´s funny how white I am. We have the hardest time taking pictures together because the camera doesn´t know how to adjust the light.
For lunch we ate with Jaquelena. She made delicious meat, eggs, and arroz. Meat and eggs are a standard down here. I´m not even mad :) After we ate dulce de leche jelly and cheese on the beach. We had an appointment with Eulalia. She has a baptismal date for the 28th of Feburary. Then we met with Martin, a 13 year old who was baptized two weeks ago. His cousin who lives with him reminds me of Tanner. His name is Tiago. Tiago likes to ask me questions about America. He wanted to know if oompa loompas (from willy wonka) live in the states.
Friday: We had a district meeting! I lucked out (once again) with my district. They are the best! Then we climbed a huge hill for our lunch appoinment with the Escobars. They gave us slippers to wear while we ate. They are wonderful! Also, they have puppies in their back yard! In Argentina there are dogs everywhere. After lunch we visited los abuelitos. The abuelo is hard of hearing, so he speaks castallano very loud. The abuela has been bed-ridden for 4 years. Hna.Quispe, a nurse, and I helped bathe her. Then Abuelo gave us some coconut bread. It´s probably my favorite thing I´ve eaten thus far. Then we had noche de hogar with the ward. We taught about the plan of salvation.
Saturday: We helped a family move house. Then I ate my first asado at the Maldonado´s house. It was tan rico! Hna.Quispe and I bought icecream after lunch. I chose manjar de coco. The best part of Saturday was MMT. The ward is striving to become more zion-like, so we had an exercise class to take care of our bodies. They played zumba music and we followed a ward member´s instruction. In the middle of one of the songs I started laughing to myself. There I was doing Zumba in Argentina while wearing church clothes. I can now cross that off my bucket list!
Sunday: None of our investigators came to church. I´m not going to lie, Sunday was a tough one. However, I know that the Lord is with me. Before I left Hno.Thompson gave us each a personalized hymn book. In the back he wrote down scriptures for a rainy day. They are comfort scriptures. I really needed those yesterday. I want to share a comfort scripture that I found during personal study. Alma 17:10-11 God promises us that we can be instruments in his hands. In Alma 26:3-4 The Lord´s promise to Alma and the sons of Mosiah is fufilled. I know the Lord keeps his promises. He has promised each of us that he will be by our side if we follow his commandments. Why not take him up on his offer? Now more than ever I need the Lord by my side. The mission is really hard and I can´t do it alone. None of us can get through life by ourselves. Everyone needs Jesus Christ. Everyone needs the atonement. This weeks challenge is to find your own personal comfort scritpture. You can even send them to me in an email with an explaination of how it helps you. I would love that!
I know that my Savior lives. I wish I could look each one of you in the eyes and tell you that God loves you unconditionally and eternally. It´s the truth!
Love for the evidence of his love everyday. I assure you, it´s there.
Love you all so much!!!!!!!
Hermana Davis


No comments:
Post a Comment