My heart is so happy to hear from everyone. I am sitting here in my little cyber station and laughing to myself as I read your emails.
We had some pretty cool miracles this week. I can´t tell you all of them or else I won´t have material for my home coming talk :)
First: When I do practices with my companion we always pretend to be Maria. This week we actually met two Marias!!!!!! One is a single woman with 3 daughters. She is basically golden. The other one we met while knocking doors. She lost two of her children. I can´t wait to share more of the plan of salvation with her. How great a plan it is!!!
Second: I finished the Book of Mormon this morning. I know without a doubt in my heart that that book is from God. Read it for yourself. Some general authority said something like, ¨"The study of true doctrine will change behavior more than the study of behavior will change behavior." It´s true!
Third: I´m learning a little Guarani from Elder Ferrieras. Vaka pi popo means ball. You´re welcome.
Note from mom: I asked her what her favorite part of the BofM is so I can share it in my RS lesson this Sunday. Her response: "That´s like asking me to choose a favorite child. (mom note - Ashley KNOWS it's her!) I really like the stripling warriors and the war chapters. They had so much faith in God that they won many impossible battles."
I have really been focused on trying to sanctify myself. I want my heart to be changed forever by this experience. I don´t want to go back to old Aubrey.(Mom note: I didn't think the old Aubrey was so bad! :) I am giving all of my dreams away to Christ for these 18 months. When I get back he will help me sort through my dreams with a new heart and perspective. With His guiding hand I will build a life that will help me reach my potential. This mission is great. I love it.
Challenge time! Study the scriptures with a specific question in mind. You will find your answer.
Love you all tons!
Hermana Davis
No comments:
Post a Comment