Monday, June 8, 2015

"Puerto Madryn - the area of my dreams!!"


Dear family:
Un monton de cosas(many things)  happened this week!!! Here´s the list:
-On the way to the terminal our remis (I think that's a taxi) hit another car (Just a strong tap, I´m alright.) I missed my collectivo (bus) and had to take another one. I arrived in my area at 2am a little stressed and super exhausted.
-Our pension is huge!!! We have two floors and a separate room for our desks. I love it!
-The area is absolutely gorgeous. I´ve almost convinced myself that I am going to live here and never go back to states...almost :)
-We have a neighborhood in our area that is big and cement with lots of little apartments. It´s like Sesame Street, but a lot more sketchy. It´s re-copado (super awesome!) . Voy a mandar pictures. ( I will send pics...which she couldn't because her computer wouldn't let her.  Next week...!)
-My compa is una capa! (my companion is awesome!) She is super obedient, loves cleaning, cooks healthy foods, and loves to work. Needless to say, we get along swimmingly.
-We have a truckload of work to do in this area! We have a bunch of menos activos. (less active) Our investigator, Cynthia, has a baptismal date for the 27th. She needs asistencias,(to attend church)  but si se puede. (yes she can!) She is 24 years old and has a son. She has had a really tough life, but the word of God heals the wounded soul.
-We have a converso reciente (recent convert) named Rodrigo. He is ten years old and is an absolute joy! He lives with his grandparents and is the only member. Well, his grandma is a member but right now she is going to an Evangelico church.
-We teach Zumba classes! A ton of menos active members come and it´s a blast! We have special permission from Pres so we are able to participate.
-The members are de diez!(super great!)  I love them already :D
-My english is a disaster! I speak spanish casi 24/7. It´s the best and I am learning a ton!
Challenge: Stop the gossip! We have tons of gossip in our mission and it just causes problems. Don´t talk bad about others, even if it is ¨the truth.¨Catch yourself in the act and then change your habits. There are much better things to talk about than to degrade one of God´s children.
Love you tons!
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment