No pics this week...but a good email. Thank you for your love and support of our Hermana Davis!
I hit my 6 month mark this week. Wow, I can´t even describe how fast time goes down here. I am excited to progress and improve even more in this coming year.
This week was a busy one.
1. We are visiting un monton de menos activos.(a ton of in actives) I love teaching menos activos because they have the seed of faith planted in their hearts. They just need to be reminded that their Savior loves them and that Jesus Christ is the only way back to our Heavenly Father. We can´t do this alone and we don´t have to do it alone.
2. I did divisions with the other Hermana Davis. We worked so hard and laughed even harder. Our contacts went a little something like this:
¨Hola, soy hermana Davis
Hola, soy hermana Davis tambien
Pero, no somos hermanas. (person smiles and then wants to be baptized.)
TRANSLATION: Hi, I'm Sister Davis. Hi, I'm Sister Davis also.... but we are not sisters. Then the person smiles and wants to be baptized.)
3. Hermana Davis cut my hair (surprise mom!) Don´t worry, she went to hair school so it didn´t turn out feo. (ugly)
4. We taught our atheist (Valeria) about the plan of Salvation. She asked if bad people could end up in the sun kingdom (Celestial kingdom) We answered with a resounding ¨Yes!¨ That is the point of this life: To change from the natural man to someone who can live with God. We´ll keep you updated on her progress.
5. We have a new investigator! Her name is Raquel. She is the mother of a contact. Her daughter (the contact) told her mom that the missionaries would be passing by and to let us in. Her mom did just that and we had a powerful lesson about the plan of Salvation.
Challenge time: Have a family night about the plan of Salvation. Make goals as a family to make it to the celestial kingdom. It´s not an impossible goal. In fact, God wants every one of his children to make it. He has provided us with a lot of tools to make it to our destination.
un monton de amor,
Hermana Davis
No comments:
Post a Comment