Transfer News: I'm staying in Puerto Madryn and my new comp is Hermana Bert. She is my first comp from the states (California) and I'm super duper excited!!! She is blond, taller than me, and knows how to rap hard-core. We are going to see some miracles this transfer :)
Speaking of miracles, here's our miracle of the week:
We were walking through Barrio Roca. I saw a shifty looking hombre who seemed drunk. My comp started to contact him and it turned out to be the best thing ever. His name is Javier and he wasn't actually drunk. He said that the most important thing to him is being saved. He loves to read the bible, but doesn't associate with a church. He says that he wants his faith to grow and he wants a better quality of life for him and his family. Then he set up his own appointment for us to come teach him and his family. I thought: Is this real life? Am I being filmed? This is like something from The District!
Updates:
-Valeria, our atheist, hasn't prayed yet, but is reading the Book of Mormon. She is super nice and really likes us. I'm not sure if she has more faith or if we have just become her friends. I'll keep you updated.
- We haven't been able to find Jorge. We are going to pass by with my new comp.
- Silvia, our menos activa, came to church and she was even sober!!!
- The owner of our pension has the ugliest toy poodle that I've ever seen. His name is Toby and he barks all night long. Toby and I are not amigos.
- The Elders have been telling everyone that my new comp is from Germany...
Challenge time: Write a list of your personal strengths. Then use your strengths this week to help others.
"Leaders are not defined by the absence of weakness, but by the presence of clear strengths."
Con Cariño,
Hermana Davis
No comments:
Post a Comment