Monday, November 16, 2015

Adventure is out there (And lots of pictures!)

"This little girl needs lots of hugs...so I give them to her"
Hermana Davis and Hermana Sureda
at lunch with District in Rio Gallegos

And she found a puppy!

Fiona and Hermana Davis
Hermana Davis and Hermana Sureda...chocolate mustache fun!


Las Hermanas in Rio Gallegos
Happy Hermanas in Rio Gallegos!

Fire in Rio Gallegos
"Marshall" the pet duck

Ever Faithful Roco - the Guardian Angel dog!


"Hiding from the gnats" 


Zone in Rio Gallegos
























It's that time of year when the world falls in love, every song you hear seems to say, " Merry transfer time!" (I´m so ready for Christmas jaja)
Bueno, here´s the scoop. My compa is going to Puerto Madryn. She´ll be in centro in my old zone. Bautismos y ballenas!!! Woot woot!
Ok, as for me...I´m going to be a trainer. I´m super excited (and overwhelmed)! I go to Comodoro Tuesday night to pick up my newbie on Wednesday.



Bueno, here´s what we did this week:

1. I was in the anonima (grocery store) with my long black skirt. Two little gypsy came up to me and began to speak in their weird gypsy language. I said in Spanish, "Sorry, I only speak english." 
They smiled and replied in Spanish, "oh, we thought you were a gypsy."
#thingsthatonlyhappeninArgentina
2. Our investigators bought a baby duck. Yep, a baby duck. His name is Marshall. Marshall and I were great friends until he went to the bathroom on my gypsy skirt. But then I forgave him because he fell asleep on my feet.
3. Violeta. Man she is on fire! She prays and reads a chapter of the Book of Mormon every day. She has also filled out her family tree and read the proclamation to the world. She is also sharing the gospel with her kids who live in Cordoba. She found a scripture case for her bible, Book of Mormon, and the pamphlets. Also, she said the prayer in our lesson and thanked God for the true church. I almost cried.
4. Maria Yañez. She is a Chilean grandma and a new investigator. She invited us over and showed us videos of her cruise to Brasil and her granddaughter´s quinciñera. Then she pulled out her camera and began to film us. It was uber awkward... 
5. Carla and family.   Carla is 11 years old and wants to get baptized. The problem is that her family thinks that she is to young to make a decision. We were testifying hard core about eternal families and God´s plan. I began to share my testimony. I said, "I love my family very much. I left them so that I can help other families be together forever. I know that what we share is true..."
Then Carla pointed out the window behind us and said, "Look, fire!"
We all turned around and saw a ginormous black cloud of smoke billowing out of the building across the street. We ran out of the house and into the street to see what had happened. (along with the rest of Río Gallegos.) The police said that an old abandoned bus had caught fire. It made me think of the hymn, "The spirit of God like a fire is burning."
Luckily the fire was put out and no one was hurt.
6. District conference: 2 miracles happened: 
          1. Violeta came to the conference. She had been looking for a job and we promised her that if she prayed for help that she would find one. Turns out that the hermano sitting behind her needed someone to clean his house. They began to talk and now Violeta has a job. Blessings come when we go to church!!!!
          2. President Rogers used his priesthood keys to bless our little disctrict from the pulpit. He blessed us that our prayers would be answered and that the church would grow here in Río Gallegos. The spirit was so strong.
7. I complete 11 months in the mission tomorrow. Where does the time go?!?

That´s about it for this week.
Challenge: Write down all of the miracles you see this week. Our lives are so much better when we look for and see the hand of God in our lives. 

I love you all so much and pray for you multiple times every day.

Con amor,
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment