Monday, November 30, 2015

Double rainbow and a dozen facturas

So, let me explain the title of this email. It was a really rainy day and no one let us in their houses. I was trying to stay positive. We sang in the rain and threw rocks into puddles. Later, a vibrant double rainbow appeared. We took a break from contacting and bought a dozen facturas. Then we sat on a park bench and ate them while watching the rainbow. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the beautiful world we have. 
This week we saw miracles (what else is new?) I´m beginning to realize that even the hardest of days are filled with tender mercies. Heavenly Father loves us so much!

Violeta: She is such a beast! Her partner told her that he has seen her change ever since she began to talk to the Mormons. Score! Also, she receives answers to her prayers in her dreams. It´s an amazing gift and she has experienced many miracles. 
One day she was super super angry and flustered. She stepped outside of her house to cool off. A random man came up to her and said, "Would you like this purse? I´ll give it to you for free." Violeta LOVES purses! She was so shocked. She realized that it was a sign from God saying, "I haven´t left you alone. Just hold on and stay strong. Better things are coming."  
I know that God knows us personally. He takes care of his children, even when we are angry or we feel undeserving of his love.
Also, Violeta is sharing the gospel with basically every person that she knows. Yesterday we gave a Book of Mormon to her daughter-in-law. She seemed really interested, so we´ll see where that goes.

Reubin: We were contacting and we saw two men get out of a car holding beers. Usually I do not contact the men holding beers in their hand, but this was a prompted exception. I introduced myself and said, "We talk about Jesus." 
Turns out that one of the men, Reubin, had received the missionaries before. One day the missionaries wanted to take him to the capilla to get him baptized. Reubin got mad because he is catholic and felt pressured. I explained that we don´t obligate people to change. Our message centers on Jesus Christ and God´s love for his children. Then Reubin softened up and said, "The people that preach the word of God follow me everywhere. Even when I was in the hospital." 
I told him that it was a sign. Then I gave him a Book of Mormon. He was super happy and said, "Hey, pass by my house and we can chat with my family. Maybe the next time I won´t have a beer in my hand."
Contacting is the BEST!

Alina: She went to the capilla and now has 3 asistencias!!! She is just missing a few of the commandment lessons. Pray for her that she can get baptized on her fecha, Dec 19th! She is so prepared.

Adelina: She is an old investigator that loves the church and has all of the lessons, but stopped believing in God after the death of her husband. We were prompted to pass by yesterday. Turns out that she was in her house. It´s been almost 2 months since I´ve last seen her. One day she felt really sad and she remembered that the missionaries talked to her about prayer. She began praying and now she can sleep at night. This started about 2 months ago. I asked her, "Do you believe you can see your husband again?"
She replied, "I want to believe, but I just don´t know."
Then we testified hard core about the atonement and life after death. The seed of faith is planted and is beginning to take root in her heart #alma32. The only downside is that she heads off to Puerto Madryn for a few weeks on the 26th of December. Then she is going to Chile for a month or so. Pucha! 
But, the moral of the story is: Never never ever give up on someone. Ever. There is ALWAYS hope.

Challenge time: Write your testimony in a Book of Mormon and give it away before Christmas. There is no better gift than the book that contains the fullness of the gospel and is a manifestation of God´s love for his children. JUST DO IT #Nike #everymemberamissionary

I love you all to the moon and back (and a little more)
Hermana Davis

P.S. Roco says hola
P.P.S. Dopey says hola too
P.P.P.S. I have too many dogs in my life... (Dopey, Roco, Pipo, those two puppies that were outside the pension this morning...)

No comments:

Post a Comment