![]() |
| Aubrey and H. Sureda after service project |
![]() |
| Hermana Gomez, Hermana Davis and Hermana Sureda |
This week was amazing! We saw so many miracles and had so much fun!
1. We were in a trio with Hna Gomez for a day. :) (see above pic)
2. Violeta: She is our golden investigator. Last week I wrote about how we found her. This week we talked about the restoration. She had filled out the questions at the back of the pamphlets (nobody does that.) She left two questions blank. Then she told us, "I didn´t fill out these questions because I didn´t have a Book of Mormon. Could you give me one of those?" (I just about cried.)
Then we invited her to church and she said, "Si, I´ll go."
When we asked if she wanted us to walk to church with her she said no. We thought that she wasn´t really serious about going.
Guess what? Sunday morning she called us and said, "Ok chicas, I´m lost. I´m in street ____. Where´s the capilla?" We grabbed a member to drive us to the street and bring Violeta to church. In Gospel Principles we talked about eternal marriage. Turns out that it´s one of the only things that would impede Violeta from getting baptized - she´s not married. Afterwards she said, "I know you guys are women, but would you mind teaching my partner and my son?"
We explained that we can teach them all together. It was basically the best day ever.
3. Embarrassing moment of the week: I spilled a mug of warm milk on my lap in the house of our branch president. #lactoseintolerant #soggyskirt
Luckily they are super chill and we all laughed it off. They did, however, take photos and upload them to facebook. #Imfamous
4. On Friday we did a service project where we scraped paint off the walls of a school. Halfway through we had a paint dust war. I LOVE service projects :D (see above pic)
5. The mom of a recent convert was baptized on Saturday. Now the dad is the only non-member in the family. I love baptisms services because the spirit is always so strong.
Challenge: Do service this week. It makes you feel better and helps the people around you.
This is a little blurb from a note to her dad that I had to share: It´s one thing to here the mission stories, and it´s another thing to live them yourself. You can´t explain the love you feel for the people, or the strength you receive when you feel like you can´t give more, or the assurance that despite your weaknesses God is pleased with your work. It´s the best thing I´ve done and will ever do.
We are so happy Aubrey is on a mission. Thank you for your love and support of her and our family! We LOVE YOU!


No comments:
Post a Comment