Monday, January 18, 2016

"It was the best of times!"

Hermana Davis hiking down to Laguna Azul

Hermana Cardenas and Hermana Davis
hiking to Laguna Azul


Name tag at Laguna Azul


Dear Friends and Family:

We just got back from the Laguna Azul. You should google it. I basically climbed down into a volcano, ate empanadas, and climbed back up the side. #Argentina 

Panorama of Laguna Azul

Laguna Azul

Laguna Azul


Here`s what went down this week:

1. Familia Barria: they are inactive, but we have seen a ton of progress in just the last week. When we first came into the house the hermana was sitting in a dark empty room looking at Facebook. We tried to talk to her without success. Then I asked, "Can we wash your dishes?"  Everything changed.  She got up and turned the lights on and began to clean with us. Each time we passed by this week she had more light in her eyes. She is an artist and showed us all of her original paintings :)
2. Claudio: He read 2 chapters of the bible and now believes that he is cured from his addiction to marijuana and cocaine. cool. Please pray for him. That family is going through some really really tough times.
3. Super Day: We had one day where we gave 200%. My comp and I put a fecha (baptismal date) and did a whopping 52 contactos!!!!!!! It is amazing how the Lord multiplies our efforts
4. Rene Muñoz: Our sweet little Chilean grandpa. We put a fecha with him on Super day. He wasn't much of a religious person growing up, but he saw a movie on Jesus Christ and it really touched him. He is 84 years old and sharp as a tack.
5. I got sunburned...really really bad... I think my freckled will blend together and I will have somewhat of a tan. I`ll let you know. 
6. Interview with Pres: We learned about contactos de fuego, (contacts on fire) where we invite people to be baptized in the contact. Pres said that I am doing well and that I am a whole new woman. It`s true. I can feel the changes in myself since I started my mission. Now I have truly learned to LOVE every single moment. This is the BEST!!!!! #I'mnotcominghome
7. Training is just the bomb. My comp is a boss and we are pounding it out like crazy here! We push each other in the best way :)
8. We did a contact where this man was talking about all the bad things that had happened in his life. He is convinced that the way to find happiness is through working. He is separated from his family, he sleeps in his truck, and works all day every day. I asked him, "well, are you happy?"
He was silent for two minutes. Then he said, "You killed me with that question."
He couldn't respond.  We testified to him about the love of God and how we can be happy in every moment even if we have trials. He rejected our offer to teach him, but he has the card with the address of the church.
9. Patricia: Best miracle of this transfer!!! It`s a long story, but basically she is a reference from another contact who gave us a false address. We found her and showered her with the love of God. She accepted a baptismal fecha!!!! Such a capa :)
10. Did I mention that this whole mission thing is the BEST THING EVER?!? I wouldn't say it if it weren't so true :)   I love this and it is by far the best thing I have ever done and will ever do. Such a life-changing experience.

Love you all to the edges of the Patagonian campo and back!
Hermana Davis



No comments:

Post a Comment