Monday, January 25, 2016

My comp fell into a volcano


Sporting another Hermana's glasses

The blue tunic

The colonial dress

Sweet Hermana Cardenas at the Dr.


So, do you remember last week when we went to the Laguna Azul? Well, my comp fell on the way down into the volcano. She landed on top of her foot and injured it pretty bad. Elder Papke had to carry her out on his back #suchabeast #wemadehimbrownies
Then we went to the hospital and waited for a few hours. They did x-rays and the doctor said that it`s a really bad sprain. Before we left, the doctor gave us his business card and said, "call me if you need anything. I`m not just  here to be a doctor and I didn`t just study medicine." Then he left the room with a smile. (Did he study math too??? #nevercomingback)
So, We`ve kept it pretty chill this week. My comp has been hopped up on pain pills and I taught myself to make tortas fritas. I also deep cleaned the pension. I found this colonial style dress and a blue towel tunic. I`ll attach the pics :)
We talked to pres Rogers this morning and he said that we could try and leave the pension this week if we take it slow. We are excited to start pounding it again! We are both super stir-crazy. I`m not sure if Rìo Gallegos is ready for our desires to work. We are going to baptize everyone in the next two weeks!
We've both learned a lot about the plan of God in relation to our personal plans. If it were up to me, we would have left every day this week and passed by our investigators. The Lord knows better and had us take a week break. 
Our life is like a house blue print. Maybe I want to build a humble little English cottage. Then God starts knocking down walls and moving borders. Sometimes it hurts and I don`t understand why He isn't following my plans. Then I catch a glimpse of God`s plans for me. He`s not building a cottage, He`s making a skyscraper. God knows our potential, our limits, and just how much we can accomplish. Don`t doubt the Architect.

I love you guys so much,
Hermana Davis 

No comments:

Post a Comment