Monday, February 1, 2016

"Baptisms, Tsunamis, and burning love"


Hermana Davis in Rio Gallegos

Lotsa Love in Rio Gallegos


Asado


Name tag by lake in Rio Gallegos

Lake in Rio Gallegos


Pension and dog pack in Rio

Sunset at lake in Rio Gallegos

Ever faithful Roco...the Guardian angel dog


Today is the 1st of Febrero...crazy.
- In district meeting we made pizookies and apple crisp. I LOVE my district :D
- We did divisions with Hna Lock. I love that girl :) We laughed so hard and then quickly composed ourselves when someone opened the door. Later in the week we also did divisions to help the Hermanas reach the standard. Hna Lock and I put 2 fechas and taught 3 lessons in less than 2 hours. Such miracles!
- We had an asado with the Flia Salcedo. I love chorizos with all of my corazòn!
- We helped the Elders teach some kids in the capilla to prepare them for baptism. One of the kids went in the bathroom and turned on the wall facet. When the elders came back a few hours later there was 2 inches of water in all of the capilla. Now the floors are the cleanest they`ve ever been :)
- Tsunami: It`s when all of the missionaries work in one area. We did a tsunami in the Elders area. My comp and I found someone who already has asistencias and friends in the iglesia. We gave her a book of Mormon.
- I did a mini-tsunami in the Elders area with Hna Lock. We found Norma. She came out of her house wearing a skirt. We talked to her a bit about baptism and said a prayer with her that she would make the right decision. 
- With Hna Lock we also contacted 2 atheists, 1 Jehova`s witness, and a nursing home (that one was an accident...) The adventures never stop!
- The contact of burning love (I made it up) = fire contact + contact of love.
fire contact: inviting them to baptism in the first contact
contact of love: showering them with God`s love
The contact of burning love: showering them with love and inviting them to get baptized.
It works.
- Speaking of burning love, this week I almost burned down our pension. 
I made some apple syrup to go with our pancakes. A little spilled on the stove. Later I put water to boil on the same burner and then I went upstairs. I might have forgotten about the water...maybe. Anyways, there was a burning smell in our pension. I quickly remembered when I heard popping sounds coming from downstairs. I ran to the kitchen and saw burning apple chunks floating in a thick black liquid. #domesticgoddess #pyromaniac 
- We had a noche blanca! Nelly and Mario from the Elders area were baptized. They both were antiguo investigators that had been waiting a long time to get baptized. Also, Lourdes, a little girl from Hna Lock`s area, got baptized. It was such a spiritual service.
- Hna Cardenas and I live right by a lake. We sat on a bench and watched the sunset while taking awkward self-timer photos. Life is so so good here in Rìo Gallegos.
I was talking to my comp this week about how we think we are sacrificing 18 months - 2 years of our life to give to the Lord. Instead, He blesses us with 18 months - 2 years of the best experiences of our lives. We finish being more in His debt than we were before! He loves us so incredibly much. I love my mission, I love my Savior, and I love this gospel.
With burning love, 
Hermana Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment