![]() |
| Hermana Davis in Rio Gallegos |
![]() |
| Happy Hermana Davis, her district and friends in Rio Gallegos |
![]() |
| She found a relative...distant cousin from Arizona! |
![]() |
| Hermana Davis, Hermana Cardenas and the Elders in her district - Rio Gallegos |
So, transfer time: I`m going to Ushuaia as a sister training leader. My comp will be Hermana Chinchillas from Mexico. I am super excited and nervous :D I`m going to miss Rìo Gallegos and the zone so so so much!
This week was pretty tranquila. (calm) We have really seen a lot of progression in Rene Muñoz, our Chilean grandpa. He actually came to church dressed in a suit!!!!!!!! I said, "Wow Rene, you look super fachero! (handsome) Where`d you get the suit?" He replied, "I have 7." Such a capo.
As for the title, this week we had a little word of wisdom adventure...
We went to a menos activas (less actives) house. She pulled out what looked like a hot chocolate mix. She checked the bottle very thoroughly and said, "nope, it doesn't contain coffee." Both Hna Cardenas and I put 4 heaping tablespoons of the powder in our mugs. It was super rico (yummy) and chocolaty, but the flavor was a little weird. Afterwords I felt a buzzing start at my temples and behind my eyes. I began shaking and I felt like I wanted to run. The lady was re-reading the label and said, "Oh, oops. It actually does have coffee. Lots of coffee."
Based on the way I felt I could've told her that. We shared a scripture (D&C 8...jk) Then we ran home. I felt crazy. I was shaking and sweating and saying cualquier cosa (translation...saying whatever came to mind or weird things) So now we know that I am not only lactose intolerant, but caffeine intolerant as well. This must also be the reason why I can`t take sudafed.
The following day we drank Quilmes (beer) without alcohol. We drank it with members, so I`m sure about this one :) It was actually disgusting! Now I have an even stronger testimony of the importance of the word of wisdom. Live it and love it.
I`m sure my comp has had the craziest first 12 weeks ever! We went to the glacier, had a baptism, reached the standard, she fell down a volcano and sprained her foot, and we drank coffee and beer. #success #proudmom
As for a spiritual thought, I was reading this week in Mosiah. It talked about how Alma had the authority to organize the church and baptize people. Really, without the proper authority nothing is valid. We tell people that getting baptized is like doing tramites (legal paperwork) If you have some random person do your tramites when you get to the border they won`t let you pass. You need someone who has the authority to do your tramites.
I have such a testimony that this church is the church of God.
When we paid rent our land lady wrote on our receipt "The church of the saints of Jesus Christ."
It made me think about the significance of the name of the church. I`m not inviting people to be baptized into the church of Hermana Davis (thank goodness!). This is the church of Jesus Christ. I know this is true.
I love you all! Life is great, even at the end of the world :D
Hermana Davis




No comments:
Post a Comment