View of Ocean from hike in Ushaia
Here´s a list of investigators and members that we frequently visit.
Investigators:
1. José: We contacted him in a kiosco (little shop). Later we taught him about the plan of salvation and put a baptism fecha for the 26 of March. He is about 50 years old and has a daughter that is studying in New Zealand.
2. Corina: I love this woman! She was ex-communicated from the church, but is working to come back. She has a baptismal date for the 6 of August and has a big sign on her fridge to remind her. She has 3 kids, but the daughter of her ex-boyfriend also lives with her. She is such an amazing example of the change of heart people have when they apply the atonement. She is amazing!
3. María Elena: She is a reference from a member. She is from Paraguay and is living with her boyfriend. She has 3 kids, each from a different Dad. She came to church with us on Sunday and loves it when we teach her.
Members:
1. Alejandra and Juan: Alejandra is less active. Her new husband, Juan, was baptized in January. It is a struggle to get them to come to church. Alejandra uses her husband´s laziness as an excuse. She took of her wedding ring yesterday and said, "I took off my ring because I am mad at my husband for not choosing the right."
I told her, "Even though you removed your ring you are still married to him. He needs your help and example. Live the gospel first and he will follow."
I´ll let you know how it goes.
2. Sasha is the 15 year-old daughter of Alejandra. She has a 21-year-old boyfriend named Alexis who got baptized in January. It´s an interesting relationship because Alexis is a lot shorter than Sasha and they both are a little immature. We are trying to prepare Sasha to go on the mission. Luckily, Alexis is progressing in the gospel. Sasha and her mom are alike personality-wise, so they fight all the time. Satan is working so hard on this family because he knows that they have a lot of potential. Our goal is that they make it to the temple (and then endure to the end.)
3. Hna Angela is an old less active lady. One time we were talking to her and she said, "I´m not a bad person. When I was little I used to kill birds by throwing rocks at them, but I´m not a bad person." She currently isn't attending church because she has a rotten tooth and it hurts when people kiss her on the cheek. I am praying that the city dentist comes back from vacations soon!
4. Flia Polanco: The husband is from the Dominican Republic and the wife is from Buenos Aires, They both served missions. They have the most beautiful children :)
5. Flia Tossen: He is the district president. We actually live in a pension in their backyard. They have three children. Two of their daughters are going to accompany us on divisions this week. They go on trips all over the world and have a bunch of cool technology.
As for my week:
- The branch president´s daughter was baptized.
- It was 8pm and we still needed to do a lot of contacts, so we said a prayer in the street. In one hour we did 32 contacts! It was amazing to see what we could do with faith and help from the Lord.
- Today we are going to the prison at the end of the world. I´ll take pics :)
Challenge: Before a big task this week take a quiet moment to say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help you focus and have success. I promise that you will be able to accomplish more than you would have been able to if you hadn't said a prayer.
Love,
Hermana Davis
|
No comments:
Post a Comment