![]() |
| Ushuaia - the end of the earth! And she's loving it! |
![]() |
| The barge Aubrey took to get to Ushuaia |
![]() |
| On the barge headed to Ushuaia! |
![]() |
| Passing through Chile on her way to Ushuaia |
![]() |
| Tierra del Fuego, Chile |
| This shows Aubrey's mission boundaries...from Comodoro Rivadavia (where she will go for leadership meetings) down to Ushuaia |
![]() |
| Bottom of world...literally! |
![]() |
| Her last area was Rio Gallegos at the top of this map. She's literally served from top to bottom of her mission |
![]() |
| A pic of Ushuaia from Google. Gorgeous! So glad Aubrey gets to finish up her mission there |
![]() |
| Glad to know some things never change... Aubrey still creates fun wherever she goes! |
I don´t have a lot of time this week, but I´ll try give a quick overview of everything.
On Tuesday I boarded a collectivo to come to Ushuaia. I passed through Chile, which was awesome, and rode on a giant boat to get to the island. It blows my mind that I am living on a island just a hop and a skip away from Antartica. Ushuaia is so so stunning. It´s like living in a post card. The mountains are even bigger than the ones in Utah!
I´ll tell you more about our investigators next week. ]I will tell you that we put a fecha with Abel, who´s been investigating the church for 5 years. His wife is less active, but now they both go to church and want to get married in the temple. The wife also gives us amazing references that also want to be baptized. The members are such a blessing to missionaries.
The capilla is beautiful and we actually have benches! The ward is so supportive and I just love everthing!
Also, this week was valentine´s day. We contacted someone and taught them about the law of chastity in the street. There´s no better way to spend Valentine´s day :) The kid was actually super awesome and I know he´ll get baptized one day. Too bad he doesn´t live in our area...
Mom and Dad: I´m grateful for your example. There are so many couples down here that are such a mess. I always whip out the photo of my family and say "It is possible to have a unified family and a happy marriage. Here´s proof." It really touches their hearts. Thanks for that :)
Bueno, We are going on a hike in 20 minutes. I´ll send you pictures next week!
Love Hermana Davis









No comments:
Post a Comment