![]() |
| Visit with a "prison guard" in Ushuaia |
![]() |
| Prison visit in Ushuaia |
![]() |
| Hermana Davis' bedroom - her bed is with the plaid blanket |
![]() |
| Outside the pension |
![]() |
| Behind the pension |
![]() |
| Kitchen area in the pension |
![]() |
| Study area - Aubrey's is on the right |
![]() |
| What a sweet way to start the day.... thank you Hermana Chinchillas! |
Is it just me, or is time flying by faster than ever?
Last Monday we went to the Jail at the End of the World. They had some pretty cool exhibits. There was this one statue of a prisoner who was notorious for killing children. That kind of freaked me out... but the rest was neat. There were giant groups of tourists with matching parkas. I held the door open for them as they entered the building. One of the ladies said, "Thank you" (in English.) It surprised me so much that I said, "thank you" right back. What language do I even speak these days?!? :)
On Tuesday we had conference with President Rogers. He is such an inspired man. We focused on repentance and baptizing converts. I have been thinking a lot about the conversion process lately. The end of my mission is coming closer and I don´t want to loose the spiritual progress that I´ve made. I want my heart to be changed and not just my habits. When we are touched by the spirit our hearts change. To have a conversion proccess we need to be worthy of the constant companionship of the spirit. Speaking of the spirit...on Wendsday we had the opportunity to listen to Elder Bednar speak to all the missionaries in the South America South Area. He is such a spirit-led man. He has mastered the skill of being an instrument of the spirit. #lifegoals
Can I just express how beautiful Ushuaia is? I am surrounded by super huge snow covered mountains. I can see a mountain glacier and the ocean from my neighborhood. Also, I live on an island. That just blows my mind sometimes :)
This week we also did divisions with the Hermanas. I was with Hermana Adams from Utah. She came to the mission with Hermana Cardenas. I was so impressed by her Spanish skills and confidence when talking to the people. I learned so much from her.
Hna Chinchillas and I put a fecha with Gallegos. He is a contact that we passed by for. He lives solo, so we taught him outside his house. He says that his only goal in life is to finish his house and then he wants to get baptized. We promised him that if he puts God first he will have success in the other parts of his life.
Jaser is the son of a menos activa. He is by far the craziest 4 year old I´ve ever met. We played doctor, airplanes, and dance party all in a time period of 5 minutes. I took some fun videos that I´ll show you when I get home. :)
We talked to Sasha and Alexis about the law of chastity. I was struck by how perfect God's commandments are. Everything in the Gospel always relates to God´s character. He is able to have children and wants us to have a part in the creation of life. We have the opportunity to be co-creators in bringing spirits to this world. That is why we protect this power. It is sacred.
Bueno bueno, next week I´ll be in Comodoro for leadership conference. I´ll be able to write next Thursday.
Love you guys,
Hermana Davis








No comments:
Post a Comment