Monday, January 11, 2016

I should have brought a helmet!

"A coconut!"  She's looking like she's got some sun!


Dear Family and Friends:

Can I just express how awesome the whole mission thing is? Yeah, this week we worked hard and didn´t see a lot of fruits, but I don´t think I´ve ever been happier. I have to remind myself to stop smiling so much because the wind blows dirt in my teeth :) 

Here´s what happened this week:
- I taught a lesson in English. I met this tourist in the terminal and she was from Colorado. She asked me what I was doing here, so I talked about the gospel and missions. It was super weird to explain the gospel in English, but at the same time it felt incredibly natural.
- Alina´s mom is reading a manual that talks about mothers in the gospel. She loves the concept of eternal marriage. We would start teaching her if she didn´t work so much! She´s only home during our lunch time. Pray for her!
- Now to explain the title. We were playing a really intense searching game in a zone meeting. We had to run around the capilla looking for items. I was running down a hall to enter the sacrament hall. I tried to stop but my feet slid and the side of my head rammed into the door. My whole zone came running to my rescue. The rest of the zone meeting is a little blurry. Don´t worry mom, it wasn´t a concussion. I do have a nice goose egg though!
- Rocco loves to chase cars. This last week he caused an accident. He´s not my dog...
- We knocked a TON of doors.
- I love all my fellow missionaries. I know I came here at this time so I could meet my new life-long friends :)

Challenge: When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Just do it. (aka Don´t slack on your new years resolutions. My comp and I are going to do insanity this week.)

Besitos,
Hermana Davis
Hermana Davis with her
 "life-long friends" in Rio Gallegos






No comments:

Post a Comment