![]() |
| Hermana Davis and Hermana Littlefield |
![]() |
| Hermana Davis in front of a store |
![]() |
| Happy, happy Hermanas! |
![]() |
| Hermana Davis with Renee - her Chilean Grandpa in Rio Gallegos |
![]() |
| On bus to Leadership conference |
![]() |
| Hermana Davis on her way to leadership conference |
![]() |
| Dinner on the bus |
![]() |
| Hermana Littlefield and Hermana Davis |
![]() |
| Hermana Davis in Chile |
![]() |
| Strait of Magellan - Dolphin! |
![]() |
| Hermana Littlefield's blanket covered with worm like maggots...yuck! |
Adventure number 1: We were contacting in the street. I contacted a lady and introduced myself. Then I made a joke about the cold and rainy weather. She said, "Do you want me to take you in my car?" So, I went against all of my child-hood stranger danger and I got in her car. She took us to the Anonima. When we entered we saw a huge guy who looked like a foreigner. He followed us through the Anonima. I was starting to get a little nervous when suddenly he said, "Do you speak English?" My comp responded, "sí" (love her!) Turns out that this guy was from germany and he is here with his russian girlfriend. He was looking for a place to put his tent. We ended up talking about religion and he said that he was protestant. He then asked, "what is the difference between your church and mine?" We taught him about the apostasy in english in the Anonima. The mission is too awesome! #worldwide
Adventure number 2: Consejo! (Leadership Conference)
We left Saturday at 5am. We passed through Río Gallegos. I stopped by Rene, (recent convert). He is such a cute little Chilean grandpa. He said, "I went to the meeting where all of the capo jefes talk." (capo Jefes basically means beast-boss.) Turns out he was talking about general conference! Such a capo!
We arrived at Comodoro on Sunday at 7am. I did divisions with Hermana Ming from California. She is the Sister Training leader in Comodoro with Hermana Osorio from Viña del mar Chile. In consejo I saw all of my best mission friends and learned about being an example and not being conformist. Loved it! We left Monday in the night. When we passed the Magellan Strait I saw dolphins!!!! #chileanseaworld
Adventure number 3: This morning my comp and I woke up super tranky (tranquilas or easy going) at 6:30am. We said our prayers and then sat on our beds wrapped in blankets because it was freezing! Then my comp said, "There are worms in my bed!" Turns out that there are hundreds of maggot-like worms all over her bed. They are still there right now. We called the Mission Pres and he said to buy some chemicals and to throw out the mattress. Luckily my comp was a super good sport and we were able to laugh really hard about the whole thing.
That is the spiritual thought of this week: When you find worms in your bed, just laugh it off! Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. God sent us her to be happy, but like everything else in this life it is a choice. Do what President Monson said and chose the harder and better choice. When it would be easier to complain just smile and be grateful.
Love you all so so much!
Hermana Davis











No comments:
Post a Comment