Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference at the end of the world

Happy Hermana Davis in Ushuaia 

Hermana Davis all bundled up in Ushuaia

Hermana Chinchillas and Davis with an Argentine pizza

Hermana Davis

Twins!  Hermana Adams and Davis

Hermana Littlefield and Hermana Davis

Hermana Littlefield and Hermana Davis - cold, wet and happy!

View of ocean port in Ushuaia

Chillin during conference break in her new boots

Hermana Littlefield and Hermana Davis

Hermana Davis, Flores and Villavicencio on splits

Ushuaia
Ushuaia mountains 
Conference week is like Christmas! Plus, it´s really cold down here so it adds to the feeling :)
This week was just the best! I felt the spirit so much.
1. I did divisiones with Hna Flores and Villavicencio while waiting for our comps. We laughed and talked and ate gomitas (gummy candies). I love those girls!
2. My comp arrived! She is such a beast! One of the best sister missionaries that I´ve met. I feel so blessed to be her comp :) She finishes one transfer after me. We set goals together to give our all the last few transfers. We have been working harder and smarter than ever and we can see the fruits. We also just have a blast together. I am so happy!
3. We set a baptism plan with José. We wrote his fecha on a paper and put metas (goals) that he needs to do to prepare. He came to general conference all by himself and loved it! Such a capo! I can already see him in baptism clothes :)
4. We contacted a taxi driver on our way to centro. He said that he had built the baptism font in our capilla. I asked, "Do you know what we do in the font?" It was a more than perfect opportunity to explain about baptism. We took down his address and passed the reference to the elders.
5. Giuliano Piccini returned from his mission in Brazil. We had a branch question and answer session with him and he bore his testimony. It´s a bit difficult to understand him because he speaks a mixture of Spanish, Portugese, and English :) I imagine that I will be the same when I come home. He has been helping us out by giving us advice and references. Hopefully he can accompany us this week.
6. General conference answered all of my questions! I felt so much love from Heavenly Father. I just know that this church is true. I feel it. I am grateful that God talks to us and gives us guidance in our lives. I loved the talk of the Prophet and of Elder Holland. I can´t wait for the Liahona (Ensign magazine) so I can review the talks.
7. We left to do contacts in the 2 hour break. We contacted this guy from Turkey (in English) and invited him to conference. He said he couldn't go because he was headed to Antarctica in 30 minutes. Sometimes I forget that I am just a hop and a skip away from the freaking south pole!!! #Ushuaia #howlowcanyougo?
8. During the 2 hour break on Sunday my comp and I took a little break on a bench by the ocean. It was super tranquil. We watched the tourist boats head off to the farro (??) We looked at the snow-covered mountains. We watched the English tourists take pictures by the "fin del mundo" (end of the world) sign. I just LOVE the mission. 
9. We had a feeling to stop by the Hernandez family last night. They are both RMs and menos activos (less-active) . When we stopped by the hermana told us that her uncle had died that day. We talked to them about honoring temple covenants and how reading, praying, and going to church as a family will help them receive the blessing of the gospel. It was a neat lesson :)

Bueno, I love you all so much! Like Elder Holland said, Let conference change you. 

Con amor,
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment