Monday, March 28, 2016

Feliz Pascua

Hola, que tal?  (Hello, how are you?) 

Today is transfer day! My comp, Hna Chinchillas, was transferred to Comodoro. I really thought that she would finish her mission here in Ushuaia. She was a good friend and a great missionary and I`m going to miss her. My new comp is Hna Littlefield from Utah. She is comps with hermana Sureda (my old comp) right now. Hna Chinchillas is taking Hna Littlefield`s spot in Comodoro as Hna Sureda`s comp. The mission world is so small :)

Hna Càrdenas is coming to Rìo Grande (on the island north of Ushuaia) with Hermana Rodgriguez from Mexico to open an area. I am so proud of her! Also, I am her sister training leader so we get to do divisions!!!

I can`t believe how fast the time is going! (do I say that every week?) I am now entering the last 12 weeks of my mission. I love the mission so much! I love the people and the special interaction that we have with them as missionaries. Also, I don`t know  if I've mentioned it, but Ushuaia is so so beautiful! The weather has been amazing and I just love waking up everyday to the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other. :) 

As for this week,
  1.  We re-put the fecha of Josè (the kiosco man). It turns out that he actually did come to church last week because he knew what the speakers talked about and where we were sitting :) I asked him if he had said a prayer to ask if this is the true church. He replied, "Um, I think so, but I can`t really remember."  He has the desires to learn, but the commitments are a little hard for him :) I`ll keep you updated on his progress as we get closer to the 23 of April (his fecha). Maria Elena was sick this week. We passed by to show her the restoration video. She loved it! Also, she worked in a panaderia, (bread store) so she always makes us super rico desserts :) She sent us a text yesterday saying that she didn't come to church because she was embarrassed. She fought with her boyfriend and he hit her and she was covered in bruises. Please pray for her!
  2.  Juan didn't come to church, and he drank...again. The hard thing is that he doesn't have the support of his family. If you have any advice or suggestions let me know! We are trying so hard to get them to have family night together every week. The family is such an important unit designed by God to help us to become more like Him.
  3.  Francisco is the menos activo (less-active member) that we contacted. We taught him and his non-member wife the restoration of the gospel. The spirit was so so powerful! Francisco said, "si o si (yes oh yes!)I am going to church!" He completed with his promise and came to church by himself. I can tell that he felt the spirit and he wants to change his life. He has been such a miracle :)

Spiritual thought: Happiness shouldn't be the focus of our life. Happiness is a by-product of a life focused on Christ.

Love you,
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment