Monday, March 21, 2016

Octopus and Snow

Hermana Davis and Hermana Chinchillas

Paella with octopus!
So, it snowed this week. Also, you know you are at the end of the world when Antartica is part of your weekly weather report. :)

- Abel and Susana returned from vacations! Abel still remembers his fecha and is so prepared. He was telling us what he learned in Gospel Principles class and he is so capo! #Proudmissionary
- We still teach José in his little kiosco. We gave him a Book of Mormon and read 1 Nephi 1. He said that he came to church, but we didn´t see him.
- We got out of lunch super early one day and so we sat in the forest and read the scriptures. #Ushuaia
- I did divisions with Hna Lourenco-Haws. We found two new investigators. They are the wife and daughter of a menos activo that we found while contacting. We taught them the plan of Salvation. The daughter asked if we believed in reincarnation. I told her the story of when my brother wanted to be reincarnated into a shamu the whale. Then we explained that it doesn´t work like that :)
- Lately we have been singing lots of hymns with the members and investigators. They bring such a special spirit. 
- Javier is the son of Maria Elena. He lives in our area, but has been meeting with the elders. He is 14 years old and used to drink, smoke, etc. He came to church yesterday and I could see the changes. Now all of his buddies want to talk to the missionaries!
- We did a Noche de Hogar with Juan and his family. It was kind of interesting because everyone began to fight and blame each other. We talked about the proclamation to the family. I am determined to help this family be united and help them to go to the temple.
- Huayra from Puerto Madryn came down here to live with her mom! I saw her in church yesterday :)
- Juan made paella with octopus. I ate octopus. And I liked it :)

This week I had moments where I felt like I just wasn´t good enough. I felt overwhelmed by my weaknesses. I knelt down and poured out my heart in prayer. the comfort didn't come immediately, but throughout the day I received little tender mercies that let me know that I am doing the right thing. I also read "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox. There is a part where he explains that we don´t just have two options in life: to do it perfect or to not do it at all. He said that God knows we will make mistakes. He even planned for it. 
I know that God knows me, Hermana Davis. I know that He knows you. I know that His plan is that we have every opportunity to succeed. God´s plans never fail.

Love,
sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment