![]() |
| It's winter! |
![]() |
| We built a snowman....with Hermana Littlefield |
![]() |
| Snow outside our pension |
![]() |
| Hermana Davis in Hermana Littlefield's glasses |
![]() |
| Aubrey and Hermana Littlefield at Subway! |
![]() |
| Aubrey and her Hermana friends! |
![]() |
| Name tag with Lighthouse in background |
![]() |
| Lighthouse at the end of the world |
So, I know I just wrote on Wednesday (because Monday I was in Comodoro,) but our crazy week didn't stop there. On Wednesday we bought some spray to kill the worms. When we returned to our pension we found a gas leak from our water heater. We ended up sleeping with the Hermanas in Centro. They basically live in a hotel, so I wasn't even mad :)
On Friday we had interviews with President. They were my last interviews :( It also began to snow...a lot!
On Saturday the missionaries from Rìo Grande came to Ushuaia for district conference. Hermana Càrdenas came! It is so cool to see her progression! She is such a great little missionary :) We also had a lesson with President Rogers and Alejandra and Juan. It was a little surreal to see President Rogers in their little house, but it was neat to see how he teaches and testifies with such a strong spirit.
On Sunday we had district conference. I also took part in a giant snowball fight outside of the church.
Today we went to the lighthouse at the end of the world! We saw birds and sea lions. We also had a snowball fight on the boat. I still can`t believe that I am here in the South pole. We also went to eat Subway in the mall and we bought some expensive ice cream :)
The Christlike characteristic I have learned this week is mercy. We have a person who recently gave into temptation after a long period of being strong. When we talked to them I could feel their deep despair. I felt a portion of their pain. This person felt so ashamed and so terribly far away from God. I testified to them with all of my heart that the atonement includes them. Then, after the prayer, I looked in their eyes and said, "You can still arrive at the celestial kingdom. It will be hard, but you can make it. I`ll see you there." I just love being a missionary!!!
Our investigators are doing well. We have been focusing on being bold in our teaching and we are seeing results. I`ll give you more details next week :)
Pray that Abel can be baptized this week!
Love, Hermana Davis








No comments:
Post a Comment