Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Semana en sus pasos

Hermana Davis

Hermana Davis and her companion Hermana Littlefield

Lake in Ushuaia in fall time

Fall trees in Ushuaia 


"Beware of the cat"




This week we did a "semana en sus pasos" (week in His steps). We worked extra hard this week to be more like Christ. We also made the sacrifice as a zone to get up at 6am everyday and read the book of Mormon. We also made personal sacrifices. On Friday we had a super day. We had Marianela, a member, accompany us for the afternoon. We did a bunch of contacts and had a few awesome lessons.
We also did divisions with Hermana Flores and Yañez :) 
Maria Elena said that marriage is in her future plans. We tried so hard to put a baptismal fecha with her, but she doesn't want it right now. We are going to keep passing by and hopefully we can find her boyfriend in the house (he leaves super early and comes home super late) and teach him too.
Laura was a menos activa, but now she is super active. Her sister, Abi, was baptized in September. We were talking to them about temples. Laura said, "The chain before us was broken, but now Abi and I are fixing it." Such capas!!!!
After a special shipment this week we now have 8 boxes of 36 book of mormons in our pension. We have made a goal to give them all away by the time that I finish the mission (around the 20th of June.) So far so good :) We have to give away 6 everyday to reach our goal. We are also thinking about getting the zone involved and doing a Book of Mormon Tsunami :) 
We now have a new branch presidency. The new president is a capo and I'm excited to see the change in our little branch. 

Now for the fun stuff:
This week I contacted a leperchaun. He had bright red hair and a red beard with green eyes and freckles. He said that he was born here in Ushuaia. We took down his address and invited him to church :)

We were making cookie dough (weird 9:45pm cravings...) and we didn´t have eggs. I remembered seeing something in pinterest about replacing eggs with mayonesa. I put pinterest to the test and squeezed a huge glob of mayonesa in the cookie dough mixture. It tasted fine, but our stomachs have been a little off for the past week. I would recommend buying eggs :)

Challenge: Tell someone about the Book of Mormon. Share the gift :)

Love ya,
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment