Monday, April 13, 2015

Easter and more miracles

Hermana Davis and Hermana Quispe with their Easter eggs


Dearest Family,
This week was filled with moments of pure joy. There are hard things on the mission, but the miracles fill my heart and more than make up for all the tough stuff. I am so happy to be here at this moment. Every once in a while it hits me just how lucky I am to be serving a mission. I wouldn´t trade it for anything.

Highlight time:

1. Divisiones with Hna. Rassmussen. That Hermana is a champ! I learned so much from her and how she works. 
2. We found the less-active daughter of a member while knocking doors. She just had a baby. One thing I´ve learned is that we don´t find people by chance. Florencia needs the gospel in her life.
3. Hilda, a less-active, wants to go to the temple. We are helping her with OLA (orar, leer, asistir a la iglesia) (pray, read, attend church)
4. I taught an English class. Then we played fruit basket. Now Elder Ferreira knows what a cherry is. Capo! (awesome!!)
5. Gimena and her mother came to church. Oh, I should mention that we started teaching her mother, Estella. It was the most amazing experience. I felt that I've met her mother before (pre-earth life, maybe?) In principios del evangelio (Gospel Principles) we learned about the priesthood. After, Estella asked for a priesthood blessing for her health. Such faith! After the blessing she gave me a big hug and told everyone that I bring her a lot of comfort. She is a special spirit and I can already see her in white.
6. Maria, who has been MIA for 2 weeks, happened to drive past us in the street. She stopped her car and gave us hugs. Then we set a cita (appointment) for Tuesday. Another miracle!!!
7. Hermana Quispe is wonderful. We've had ups and downs, but I can honestly say that I love my companion. She has such a strong testimony and a love of the scriptures. This week is her last in the mission, but I am confident that she will stay strong in the gospel for the rest of her life. I´m lucky to have had her as my trainer.

Challenge: READ THE SCRIPTURES!!!! Please read. They will change your life.

Love you all,
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment