Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I Love to See the Temple

Cordoba Argentina Temple


Dear Friends and family:

The Major highlight of this week was the Cordoba temple dedication. Cordoba is in the northern part of Argentina. We watched the broadcast in our capilla with the members. As soon as I walked into the chapel I felt a strong spirit wash over me. We were in an extension of the House of the Lord. Our goal as a mission is to have a temple in the Patagonia. I can´t wait for the day when I am watching general conference with my future family and the Prophet announces a temple in Comodoro Rivadavia.

We also had interviews with president yesterday. He is so in-tune with the spirit and has high expectations for our mission. I loved the training and advice we received. Hna.Rogers encouraged us to give 100% because 99% leaves room for regrets. 

Also, we invited Tina to baptism and she accepted!

Other things:
1. We had some really crazy wind this week. It makes me think of the scripture with Satan and his shafts in the whirlwinds. If we are built on the rock of our Savior we won´t be pushed and carried by the wind of temptation. So now when the wind blows dirt into my face I put my head down and think ¨Bring it on!¨
2. We knocked the door of a house. All of these dogs started running from the back of the house to bark at us through the fence. It total we counted 27 dogs!!!

Challenge: Read Alma 7 and Alma 34. Also, say your morning and nightly prayers kneel down on the floor. It is more powerful than kneeling or laying in your bed. How well we complete the basics (read the scriptures, pray, attend church) affects our progression in the gospel.

Love you tons!!!
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment