![]() |
| Our happy Hermana Davis skyping on Mother's Day 2015 |
We had a great skype with Aubrey! It was almost 3 hours long and we enjoyed every minute of it. She is growing spiritually and is amazingly happy! Of course, she always has a way of making us laugh! Such as: "I find that the less teeth people have the harder their Spanish is to understand!" :)
This week was de diez!
Here´s what went down:
1. We did divisions with Hermana Vera and Hermana Rassmussen. I learned how to work more and walk less. I love learning about how I can improve as a missionary.
2. In divisions we had a miracle. Hna Vera and I went to visit an investigator. She wasn´t there, but we met her cleaning lady. Her name is Nudi and she is from the Dominican Republic. She was reluctant at first, but we finally wrote down her address and told her that the Elders would pass by. Later that night we recieved a call from the Elders. They had been knocking doors and weren´t having success. After being rejected by one family, they decided to knock the door of the house that was behind the other. Nudi opened the window and told them to wait. The elders were really surprised. They thought, ¨Does she know that we are mormon missionaries?¨
Nudi returned with two chairs.The elders asked her if she knew who they were. Nudi replied,¨yes, the chicas told me that you would be coming.¨ (we hadn´t even passed the reference to the elders yet!)
They taught Nudi in her doorway (because she was home alone.)
The Lord knows his children!
3. District conference!!! All the missionaries sang the EFY medely (Spanish has ruined my spelling...) The first time we practiced the song it was re-feo (really bad.) I said a prayer that the Lord would help us sing beautifully, or that he would cover the ears of the people with the spirit. In the end it turned out really great! Milagros cada dia :)
4. Skype with my family!! I had a hard time speaking english at first. These days spanish is my main language. It was so good to see everyone. We cried and laughed and shared spiritual experiences. After the call I felt an even stronger desire to make the most of my time in the mission.
5. I ate an ostrich (?) meat empanada...and I liked it.
Challenge time: This week I challenge you to pick a commandment. It could be the word of wisdom or perhaps modesty (or ¨thou shalt not kill,¨ but only if that´s a tough one for you.)
Live this commandment to the best of your ability for a week. Pray each night to know if it´s really something God commanded us to do. Search for the blessings you get from keeping this commandment. After, you will have a strong testimony of this commandment and a desire to live it for the rest of your life.
les amo mucho!
Hermana Davis

No comments:
Post a Comment