Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I'm now 20 years old!



Happy Birthday Hermana Davis!
This week I left my teenage years behind (blessed day!) and entered adulthood. 

Here´s how we celebrated the occasion - Argentina style.
The missionaries in Caleta threw a surprise birthday party disguised as a district meeting. They sang to me and I bit into the cake - it´s tradition. 
Then we ate lunch with Gimena and Julio. They made Choripan. Then they brought out a cake with a sparkler-like candle. We talked, listened to latin music, and laughed until our sides hurt.

Then we shared a scripture with them. Julio´s whole family are members except for him. They are sealed in the temple and everything. Both of his parents died of cancer. He separated himself from anything relating to God or religion. He started smoking more than a pack a day. Then he met Gimena. She helped him stop smoking (what a capa!!!!!) 
Now, because Gimena is meeting with us and telling her husband everything that we teach her, Julio is interested in hearing what we have to say.

I bore my testimony about the atonement and the ability of people to change and progress. Then Julio said a prayer. He hasn´t prayed for 16 years. The spirit was overwhelming and Julio said he felt heat from head to toe.
Basically it was the best birthday I´ve ever had.

For p-day we visited the sea lions. I almost got bit while taking a photo :) Do these sea lions have talons?  (name that movie!) The Patagonia is so beautiful. It is like the hills of Utah combined with a giant blue ocean. Then we ate Locro to celebrate the 25th of May. Locro is ricisimo! It´s basically a stew with everything in it but the kitchen sink!

Challenge time!!! 
Set aside a time each day to take a break from Technology, music, and the business of life. It is in the quiet moments that we are best able to listen to the spirit.

Love you tons!
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment