Monday, August 24, 2015

A busy week!

The name tag!

Beach in Puerto Madryn

Typical street in her area

Hermana Burt, Sasha Muniz, and Hermana Davis
 and a fancy whale at the terminal

Her district in Puerto Madryn....she loves them all!

This week was full of activities, so we didn't spend a lot of time proselyting. 
1. We did a service project in an old folk's home. We planted trees and picked up trash. The old people loved standing outside and telling us what to do. It was a blast :)
2. We taught Hno Flores about the restoration. I can see the little seed of faith growing in his heart. His wife wants him to get baptized so they can go to the temple as a family.
3. oh yeah, transfers. I'm staying here with Hna Burt!!! We are super excited to hit it hard this transfer. Vamos a ver milagros! (we are going to see miracles!)
4. We had a ward activity to celebrate dia del niño. They somehow fit a giant bouncy house inside the chapel. We ate hot dogs and cake. I added a new word to my vocab. Pachangear: to party like an Argentino. 
Example: Vamos a la capilla para pachangear bien duro. (We are going to the church to party Argentine style)
You can also use it as an adjective too
Example: la mission es una pachanga. (the mission is a party!)
5. Capilla Abierta!!!  (chapel open house) We spent all of our spare time and energy preparing the capilla for this activity. Hna Burt and I made a poster about the book of Mormon. It turned out super lindo :)

Challenge: Slow down and enjoy this week. Time slips by too quickly to be wasted. Heavenly Father wants us not only to be happy in the after-life, but to be happy here as well!
I was talking to an atheist one time and he said, "You mormons just hurry through life so you can get to the other side." I laughed and said, "We try to look for joy in the journey. We want to be happy in this life AND the next."

Cuidense mucho! Les amo,
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment