This week was the week of Tsunamis. A Tsunami is when we all work in one area. We had a Tsunami in our area this week. It helped give us a little kick of motivation and we found a few new investigators.
This week we also put a fecha with someone named Mari. She couldn't come to church on Sunday, but we are hoping that she will have the desire to progress. We also met Aldana, an antigua investigator from another area that moved into our area. She told us, "Chicas, I don't want to get baptized or go to church." Hna Burt and I are trained professionals in these kinds of situations. We began asking her questions like, "What do you expect from our visits? What do you think God expects of you?" At the end of the lesson she told us that she had already prayed about Joseph Smith and received an answer that he is a prophet. We have a cita with her tomorrow and I really want to invite her to be baptized.
We also met Juaquin, a 15 year old capo who has a twin and lives with his mom. He has been attending church with a friend and wants to learn more. We have a cita with him on Friday and we want to invite him to be baptized.
Azucena's fecha fell because she didn't come to church. She fell and bruised her knee, so she can't leave her house for a while.
There is lots of work to do in our area. I can feel my mission flying by and I just want to take advantage of every moment I have here. I have such a love for the Argentine people. They are my people and will always have a special place in my heart.
Challenge; Magnify your calling in the ward this week. Every calling is important and often we underestimate the difference we can make in the life of others. Don't have a calling? Ask for one or do service for someone else in the ward.
Con muchisimo amor,
Hermana Davis
No comments:
Post a Comment