Monday, August 17, 2015

A week of miracles...my best week yet!

Hermana Davis and Hermana Burt in Puerto Madryn
Hermana Davis and Hermana Julio in Trelew on splits

District in Puerto Madryn  
The beach in Puerto Madryn

Leave it up to Aubrey to make friends
with a dog...this is her favorite one
in Puerto Madryn


Basically this was the best week of my whole mission.
Here's why:
1. We won the contacts contest in our district. I say this with lots of humility, but we basically crushed the Elders. :D
2. We put THREE fechas!!!!!! 
- Hno Flores: the husband of the relief society president and the only non-member in his family. Hna Flores invited us over to teach a family night and told us 5 minutes before that she wants us to invite her husband to be baptized. He already has a bajillion asistencias, but never came to the gospel principles class or priesthood. This week he stayed for all three hours and even began praying with his wife! 
- Mari: We re-put her fecha because it fell. She is super awesome, but hasn't come to church yet.
- Emi: She is an antigua investigator that we found while contacting. We visited her and she let us right in. She began talking about baptism and how she was almost baptized, but they left on vacations and the Elders never came to visit them afterwards. We shared the scriptures in Matthew that talk about the baptism of Christ. The spirit was so incredibly strong. She agreed to be baptized.
P.S. she said that she loves learning about Joseph Smith and she loves thinking about the creation of the world. I am so excited to teach her the restoration and the plan of salvation!!!
3. I completed 8 months today.
4. We did divisiones with the awesome Hermana Julio. I went to Trelew for a day and met the sweet members there. 
5. We find out transfers this week. I am praying that I get to stay one more transfer with Hermana Burt and so I can see our investigators get baptized. But, I know that my mission is already planned out and I will go where the Lord wants.

We asked her this question....loved the answer:  What is your very favorite thing about serving a mission?
The people. They make you laugh, they make you food, they listen to you, they ask you about your family, they give you everything they have. I really love the people here so much.
Challenge time: Read something about Christ{s life. I am reading Jesus the Christ and I LOVE it!!! 

Bueno, I just really love you all and am so grateful for your support.
To quote Josh Groban, [You raise me up.]
Hasta luego!
Hermana Davis




No comments:

Post a Comment