Asado (barbecue) roasting on an open fire, Juan frost nipping at your nose and folks dressed up as gauchos (cowboys)... #Argentinenavidad
I can`t believe how fast this year has passed! This year of my life has been completely dedicated to missionary work.
My Christmas in the mission was one of my favorites! We ate breakfast burritos in the capilla,(Church building) then we did secret santa. I received a picture of Alina and us at her baptism and a bar of mantecoal (an Argentine chocolate bar) (be still my beating heart. I do love that stuff :))
Then we ate lunch and skyped with our families. We also watched Big Hero 6 and the Minions.
I loved skyping with my family. It was good to see their happy faces and introduce them to my missionary friends :)
This week we also went caroling in the plaza. we stood on a cement thing in the middle of a busy intersection. People in the cross walk filmed us and all the cars had their windows rolled down as they passed. They especially loved it when we sang Jingle Bells in English. I love spreading Christmas spirit! #stillbelieveinSanta #Christisthegift #wearetonedeaf
As for the challenges of December:
I finished the New Testament a few days before Christmas. From this experience I gained a greater testimony and appreciation for my Savior. He is the perfect example of selflessness and love. I put myself in the place of the disciples to learn how I can improve as a missionary. The disciples are bold and loving in their teaching. They testify of Christ in every moment and have complete trust in him. I encourage you all to finish the New Testament if you haven`t yet.
My sacrifice was fear. I often find my fear of failure getting in the way of my success. This month my comp and I set the goal to reach the standard of the mission. It seemed like a big goal and i had my doubts, but I threw them aside and dived head-first into the work. We saw so many miracles and my faith was strengthened. God is on our side and keeps his promises. In the end we were able to go over the standard. It reminds me of the miracle when Christ multiplies the bread and fish. If we give Him everything He will make it so much more. I love my Savior.
Challenge: Make new year resolutions, but get Heavenly Father involved. Pray for help to know which resolutions to set and pray for strength to keep them. We can do ANYTHING with the help of our God. He loves us and wants our success.
Love you all a ton,
Hermana Davis
No comments:
Post a Comment