Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Misionero, el vino de la gente

Misionero - el vino de la gente

Dog bite - crossed off "mission bucket list"

Making gnoche with Silvia

Panoramic of beach in Puerto Madryn



Dear Friends and Family:

We found a sign in Centro that said, "Misionero, el vino de la gente" which means "missionary: the wine of the people." I thought it was funny. Hopefully, like wine, my testimony keeps improving with time :D

Weekly Highlights:
1. We put a fecha with Eugenio and Carolina. Eugenio is 38 and has mild disabilities. He loves learning about Jesus and is excited to come to church.
Carolina is 71 and I'm not sure she understands much. It will be good practice as we teach them the doctrines simply so they can understand.
2. We had a super awesome lunch with the familia Calizaya. The hermana is a menos activa, but she is coming back hard core! The rest of her family aren't members. We laughed and had a great time as we ate lamb and potatoes. Then we shared the Gracias a que El vive video. Hopefully we can start teaching the rest of the family. 
3. I got bit by a dog. This isn't really a highlight, but I can cross it off of my mission bucket list. The dog stuck it's head through the fence and grabbed the top of my arm. Luckily I was wearing a jacket so he didn't break the skin.
4. Grabriel and Cesar and their daughter got baptized!!! It has been such a miracle to see the family change.

Challenge: Start your day with scripture study. Our mission president challenged us to read all of the new testament by Christmas day. You can join me if you want. The catch is that we can't use any of our study time to read. I read while I'm eating breakfast or in the little islands of time throughout the day. It helps me feel the spirit and think about Christ.

Also, a Birthday shout out to my Dad. He now has 49 years of concentrated wisdom and life experience under his belt. I am grateful for his wonderful example to me.

Love you all to la luna (moon) and back,
Hermana Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment